Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a terrific sport for both the mind and body. Some of the benefits include self-confidence, weight loss, and friendship.
With that said, the health and safety of our members is paramount and something we take very seriously.
We recognize that there are risks involved in training jiu-jitsu, and want you to know we are taking the following precautions in relation to COVID-19.
Here is what we are doing to keep VBJJ the cleanest studio possible:
- Each and every member is required to sign a COVID-19 waiver disclosing any recent potential exposure. If potential exposure has happened, we ask that the member please stay home for an adequate period of time
- Touchless thermometer for temperature readings upon entering the facility
- Hand sanitizer at check in counter to apply before checking in
- 30 second hand washing prior to getting on the mats
- All door handles, light switches and heavily touched surfaces are sanitized after each and every class
- Access to Defense Soap Antimicrobial Skin Cleanser in both Men’s and Women’s changing rooms
- Defense’s FDA cleared antimicrobial spray is safe, non-toxic, and effective skin cleanser that helps clean minor wounds and scrapes. With an easy to use point and spray application system that immediately cleanses the skin after any physical contact. Safe to use on all parts of your body and face that dries rapidly with no residue and requires no rinsing.
- Defense Soap Foot Cleaning Station
- A foot cleaning solution is specifically designed to clean the feet of athletes who train barefoot before and after a workout or during competitions. The natural tea tree and eucalyptus oil in the foot cleaning solution provides a spectrum of antimicrobial benefits and promotes healthy skin. This solution is hypoallergenic and specially formulated for sensitive skin. It never contains any parabens, sulfates, SLS, triclosan, or fragrances.
- Thorough cleaning of the mats after each and every use. This includes vacuuming followed by detailed mopping of every square inch using MatPRO®
- Professional and hospital grade concentrated disinfectant used in medical offices, hospitals, clinics, janitorial, sanitation, crime scenes, wrestling/gymnastic mats, exercise equipment, locker rooms etc.
- Effective against a broad spectrum of germs and viruses including Listeria, e. coli, Pseudomonas, Staphylococcus (MRSA, VISA), salmonella, VRE, C. diff and harmful bacteria.
- Virucidal kills HIV-1, HBV, HCV; Influenza A, herpes simplex types 1 and 2m Avian Influenza A, human corona and SARA-associated corona virus and pathogenic fungi
- EPA registered
- Blood borne pathogen compliant
- EPA SDSI Certification
In addition we ask that every member:
- Shower as soon as possible after every training session
- Wash their gi (including belt) or no-gi apparel after every training session
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us.
Verity Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu